Oct. 26, 1825
After eight years and at least 1,000 worker deaths – mostly Irish immigrants – the 350-mile Erie Canal opens, linking the Great Lakes and the Atlantic Ocean.
- DC Labor
• Watch: Teamsters march on Washington
• Striking LU 170 tankhaulers, mechanics prevail
• UFCW: OSHA’s Smithfield fine ‘a slap on the wrist’
• Hoffa on Teamsters Military Assistance Program
• Ohio auto workers watch a way of life circle the drain
• FAQs re the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
• 886,000 Americans filed for unemployment last week
• Unions eye long term as pandemic weighs on members
• The price of inequality? Lost annual income $42,000 for typical worker
• Workers at Republic Services need your help. Sign the petition here.
General Membership Meeting
Nov. 8, 2020
at 10 a.m. at the Union Hall.
Please be present and on time.