What We Do
Local 570 has been fighting for working men and women for 80 years. By joining together, members have strength in numbers so that they have a voice at work about the issues they care about. We support them in the workplace and on the legislative and political fronts to ensure their best interests are represented.
Who We Are
Local 570 is staffed by hard-working men and women experienced in labor relations and workers’ rights. Our Executive Board members come from the shops we represent, with the experience and knowledge needed to be strong, firm voices on behalf of union members.
Who We Represent
Local 570 represents workers employed in a variety of industries, including Warehouse, Dairy, Bakery, Laundry & Linen, Brewery & Soft Drink, Solid Waste & Recycling, Professional & Technical, Passenger Transportation, and General Sales.Latest Labor News
• Justice for 10 fired UPS workers in Queens, NY
• Labor law is stuck in 1947
• Three cheers for Scabby the Rat
• Congress: Oppose the American Jobs Plan at your own risk
• The PRO Act: What’s in it and why is it a Labor Movement priority?
• Teamsters, international unions call for major reforms at XPO
• White House group gets to work on plan to increase unionization of workers
• $15 an hour for federal contractors is great. A union is better.
• Please buy this newspaper
• May Day: Made in the U.S.A.
• U.S. labor shortage? Unlikely. Here’s why.
• Amazon plans to raise the wages of 500,000 worker
• Opinion: Get rid of no-strike clauses and stop begging
• Labor Dept. withdraws Trump-era independent contractor rule
• Biden stakes claim to being America’s most pro-union president ever
• Amazon is dictating personal hygiene, nail length of contract drivers
• Teamsters honor all health care workers during National Nurses Week
• Amazon hearing starts with union aiming to overturn Alabama voteNOTICE TO MEMBERS: Because public health concerns related to COVID-19 require us to balance staff safety with member access to Local Union staff, we have instituted new office schedules and procedures. Click here for the latest information.
The U.S. House of Representatives passed the Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act last year, but anti-worker legislators in the Senate blocked it. Undeterred, working people fought to elect pro-worker lawmakers to the Senate, House and White House. And we won. The House passed the PRO Act for a second time on March 9, 2021, sending the bill to the U.S. Senate. If it passes, it would: Empower workers to organize and bargain; hold corporations accountable for union-busting; and repeal “right to work” laws which were created during the Jim Crow era to keep White and Black workers from organizing together. Lawmakers gave us their word they would make the PRO Act a top priority. It’s time for them to keep that promise. Stronger unions mean higher wages, safer working conditions and dignity for all people who work. The #PROAct is our first step to get there.
Since 1910, the Teamster logo has consisted of two horses' heads, representing the complementary forces of strength inherent in the Teamster organization. A well-known emblem, most people recognize it but are unsure of the story behind it. The horses' names are Thunder and Lightning; Thunder is male and Lightning, female.
Local 570 members and their representatives negotiate wages, benefits, and job security, resolve grievances, and secure health and safety protections during a pandemic because, as a union, they have a seat at the table with their employers.
We want to take the time to reach out to you, our brothers and sisters — and your families as we continue to go through very challenging times with the coronavirus pandemic. We know you still have many questions and concerns during these unprecedented times. While the uncertainty can be stressful and unsettling, we believe we will get through these times together and emerge stronger than before. If you need additional information about the coronavirus, please do not hesitate to call the Local Office. We will continue to look for ways to assist and support you during this difficult time. Stay safe, stay well, stay strong — and stay informed!
Teamsters Local 570
"The Union that Works for You"
UnionActive Newswire Join the Newswire!
Updated: May. 16 (18:05)
Long-Time Teamster Retires! Teamsters Local 776 Remembering El Paso’s fallen officers as National Police Week wraps up El Paso Municipal Police Officers' Association Rally 5/15 - St Vincent Nurses IBEW local 2325 Weekly News Wrap-Up: 5/14/2021 Teamsters Local 570 Weekly News Wrap-Up: 5/14/2021 Teamsters Local 355 LRPD MEMORIAL Little Rock Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge #17