Oct. 26, 1825
After eight years and at least 1,000 worker deaths – mostly Irish immigrants – the 350-mile Erie Canal opens, linking the Great Lakes and the Atlantic Ocean.
- DC Labor
• Teamsters use new GOTV methods
• Covid-19 news updates for July 30
• Economy shrinks by 33 percent, 2M more jobless
• Why the working class votes against its own interests
• Meatpackers sue OSHA for virus safety enforcement
• Covid-19 among meatpacking workers: An American tragedy
• Employers require liability waivers as conflict mounts over workplace safety
• How Labor Sec’ty Scalia played chicken with meatpacking workers’ lives
• Unions urge congressional action on Philippines Human Rights Act
• If ‘cancel culture’ is about getting fired, let’s cancel at-will employment
General Membership Meeting
Nov. 8, 2020
at 10 a.m. at the Union Hall.
Please be present and on time.