Oct. 26, 1825
After eight years and at least 1,000 worker deaths – mostly Irish immigrants – the 350-mile Erie Canal opens, linking the Great Lakes and the Atlantic Ocean.
- DC Labor
• COVID-19 news updates for Oct. 14, 2020
• XPO port truck drivers ruled employees
• Barrett nomination looms ominous for labor law
• Teamsters reach deal with grocery chains
• Collective bargaining belongs at the center of our democracy
• 64 million workers sought jobless aid since pandemic began
• Coronavirus pandemic forces hand of NLRB’s general counsel
• Steelworker: Election is about revitalizing unions, protecting retirement
• How unions can bridge the gap between climate, labor movements
• Dems question Amazon over reported interference of workers rights to organize
• Study: Union members are more likely to receive unemployment benefits
• Treasury Secretary: Economic relief deal unlikely before election
General Membership Meeting
Nov. 8, 2020
at 10 a.m. at the Union Hall.
Please be present and on time.