What We Do
Local 570 has been fighting for working men and women for 80 years. By joining together, members have strength in numbers so that they have a voice at work about the issues they care about. We support them in the workplace and on the legislative and political fronts to ensure their best interests are represented.
Who We Are
Local 570 is staffed by hard-working men and women experienced in labor relations and workers’ rights. Our Executive Board members come from the shops we represent, with the experience and knowledge needed to be strong, firm voices on behalf of union members.
Who We Represent
Local 570 represents workers employed in a variety of industries, including Warehouse, Dairy, Bakery, Laundry & Linen, Brewery & Soft Drink, Solid Waste & Recycling, Professional & Technical, Passenger Transportation, and General Sales.Latest Labor News
• Teamsters recognize Juneteenth
• Shareable: Unions Rising
• Chipotle workers file to form union
• Amazon could run out of workers by 2024
• Why UPS won’t resell their old delivery trucks
• SpaceX firings likely violated U.S. labor law
• Biden says he’s proud of Apple retail workers who unionized
• US transit workers sound alarm over rising violence
• Corporate profits soared to highest levels in 7 decades last year
• United States Football League players vote to unionize
• Starbucks fired 7 organizers. Government wants court to reinstate them
UnionActive Newswire Join the Newswire!
Updated: Jun. 26 (08:05)
CWA/AT&T Orange FINAL Bargaining Report CWA Local 2222 AT&T TENTATIVE AGREEMENT! Communications Workers of America Local 1120 Week Ending 06/24/2022 Teamsters Local 355 Week Ending 06/24/2022 Teamsters Local 570 River Rhythms 2022 IBEW 280 Local 40 McLaren Macomb RN Update...We've been busy! RN Staff Council, OPEIU, Local 40, AFL-CIO, CLC
Did You Know?
Since 1910, the Teamster logo has consisted of
two horses' heads, representing the
complementary forces of strength inherent in
the Teamster organization. A well-known
emblem, most people recognize it but are
unsure of the story behind it. The horses' names
are Thunder and Lightning; Thunder is male
and Lightning is female.
Members = Power
Local 570 members and their representatives
negotiate wages, benefits, and job security,
resolve grievances and secure health and
safety protections during a pandemic
because, as a union, they have a seat at the
table with their employers.