What We Do
Local 570 has been fighting for working men and women for 80 years. By joining together, members have strength in numbers so that they have a voice at work about the issues they care about. We support them in the workplace and on the legislative and political fronts to ensure their best interests are represented.
Who We Are
Local 570 is staffed by hard-working men and women experienced in labor relations and workers’ rights. Our Executive Board members come from the shops we represent, with the experience and knowledge needed to be strong, firm voices on behalf of union members.
Who We Represent
Local 570 represents workers employed in a variety of industries, including Warehouse, Dairy, Bakery, Laundry & Linen, Brewery & Soft Drink, Solid Waste & Recycling, Professional & Technical, Passenger Transportation, and General Sales.Latest Labor News
• A new generation rising in the Labor Movement
• The problems with the Amazon Labor Union
• New UAW prez calls for a harder line in contract talks
• On strike: Sysco Teamsters in Indianapolis, Louisville
• The US workers fighting back against union busting
• Michigan strikes right-to-work law detested by unions
• The minimum wage fight that will define the decade
• Disney World unions reach tentative deal delivering $18 min. wage
• Labor Movement has found a strategic advantage in airline industry
• Teamsters condemn Florida bill to kill public sector unions
• How the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire transformed labor laws…
• Democracy is in the streets
• Teamsters to Virginia governor: Hands off history
• Michigan opens door to restoring union power
• Podcast: Labor History can help us learn to fight like hell
• Amazon faces NLRB charges of illegal union busting
• Teamster efforts protect jobs, passenger safety in Kentucky
• VA claims progress in union talks. The union begs to differ.
• Starbucks has seriously crossed the line with its union-busting
• Bone tired. Underpaid. Performing surgery. What could go wrong?
• Hollywood braces for strike as writers demand more from streamers