Dec. 18, 1991
General Motors announced it was closing 21 North American plants over the following four years and would slash tens of thousands of jobs.
- Union Communication Services
• Rising heat is making workers sick, even indoors
• Suicide rate rising among U.S. workers
• “The U.S. Mail is not for sale”
• Teamster jet fuelers in Seattle authorize strike
• Should pharma execs pay for the opioid crisis?
• What are the odds of finally repealing ‘Right to Work for Less’?
• Amid plant closures, UAW contends GM relies on Mexico for production
• UPS’s Christmas wish: A delivery surge it can handle (subscription required)
• There were zero things better this week than ‘labor radical’ Taylor Swift
• Thanks to the new tax law you can’t claim these deductions any more
General Membership Meeting
Jan. 13, 2019
at 10 a.m. at the Union Hall.
Please be present and on time.