Aug. 21, 1952
A strike began against International Harvester by the United Electrical Workers.
- Voices of Labor
• Rising heat is making workers sick, even indoors
• Suicide rate rising among U.S. workers
• “The U.S. Mail is not for sale”
• Teamster jet fuelers in Seattle authorize strike
• Should pharma execs pay for the opioid crisis?
• What are the odds of finally repealing ‘Right to Work for Less’?
• Amid plant closures, UAW contends GM relies on Mexico for production
• UPS’s Christmas wish: A delivery surge it can handle (subscription required)
• There were zero things better this week than ‘labor radical’ Taylor Swift
• Thanks to the new tax law you can’t claim these deductions any more