May 23, 1946
U.S. railroad strike starts, later crushed when President Truman threatens to draft strikers.
- Union Communication Services
• Teamsters win strike at Clare Rose, Long Island.
• Big week in Congress for Trump labor picks.
• The sorry state of the U.S. economy.
• In search of a working class agenda.
• Unions won’t lie down as their clout is threatened.
• Senate GOP health bill could cost nearly a million jobs.
• AFL-CIO warns of NLRB nominees’ bad records.
• Republicans are working against workers.
• Republicans in several states are lowering the minimum wage.
• We will not rest in our fight to make the American dream real for all workers.
• Consumer groups, unions praise rule limiting companies’ use of forced arbitration.
General Membership Meeting
May 13, 2018
at 10 a.m. at the Union Hall.
Please be present and on time.