Mar. 16, 1960
The United Federation of Teachers (UFT) is formed in New York to represent New York City public school teachers and, later, other education workers in the city.
- Union Communication Services
• Teamsters win strike at Clare Rose, Long Island.
• Big week in Congress for Trump labor picks.
• The sorry state of the U.S. economy.
• In search of a working class agenda.
• Unions won’t lie down as their clout is threatened.
• Senate GOP health bill could cost nearly a million jobs.
• AFL-CIO warns of NLRB nominees’ bad records.
• Republicans are working against workers.
• Republicans in several states are lowering the minimum wage.
• We will not rest in our fight to make the American dream real for all workers.
• Consumer groups, unions praise rule limiting companies’ use of forced arbitration.
General Membership Meeting
April 8, 2018,
at 10 a.m. at the Union Hall.
Please be present and on time.