Nov. 15, 2004
Four workers were killed and one was injured during a hazardous chemical (methyl mercaptan) leak at a DuPont industrial plant in suburban Houston. DuPont had ignored safety standards to increase profits.
- Voices of Labor
• Why unions matter
• Solidarity against hate
• Workplace deaths are on the rise
• March Madness: Unionize the NCAA
• The House passed a bill to close the gender pay gap
• Teamsters win fired Sysco worker’s job back, made whole
• Why hasn’t the gig economy killed traditional work?
• Md. overrides Hogan’s veto, approves $15 minimum wage
• 8.2 million workers could lose out on higher OT pay if Trump rule is OK’d
• Trump Labor Secretary took order on OT from Chamber of Commerce
• US labor unions say USMCA doesn’t go far enough for workers
General Membership Meeting
Dec. 8, 2019
at 10 a.m. at the Union Hall.
Please be present and on time.