Sept. 22, 2005
OSHA reaches its largest ever settlement agreement, $21 million, with BP Products North America following an explosion at BP's Texas City, Texas, plant earlier in the year that killed 15 and injured 170.
- Union Communication Services
• The latest on Teamster contracts & strikes.
• AFL-CIO decries "war on regulatory protections."
• Militant labor organizers catch PepsiCo off guard.
• House rejects repeal of federal prevailing-wage law.
• Foreign workers being used to build auto plants in U.S.
• Trump about to make US much crueler to unionized workers.
• Has Big Pharma made us a nation of opioid drug addicts?
• Senators pressure retailers to root out "shameful" abuse of truckers.
• UAW accuses Nissan of "scare tactics" as workers reject union bid.
• Nurses cheer ruling finding labor law-breaking at Md. hospital.
• Aug. 21 rare solar eclipse: Your guide to watching it.
General Membership Meeting
Oct. 8, 2017,
at 10 a.m. at the Union Hall.
Please be present and on time.