Feb. 23, 1940
Woody Guthrie wrote "This Land Is Your Land" following a frigid trip - partially by hitchhiking, partially by rail - from California to Manhattan. The Great Depression was still raging. Guthrie had heard Kate Smith?s recording of "God Bless America" and resolved to himself: "We can't just bless America, we've got to change it." - Union Communication Services
• 3 good reasons right-wingers should like unions.
• The red-state strategy to wipe out the middle class.
• Hey Wal-Mart, let's call it what it is: Slavery.
• The largest climate rally in U.S. history - The National Mall, 2/17.
• Cliff notes on Pres. Obama's State of the Union address.
• A fitting tribute to James R. Hoffa on his 100th birthday:
General Membership Meeting March 11, 2018, at 10 a.m. at the Union Hall.
Please be present and on time.