Jan. 30, 1882: Franklin Delano Roosevelt is born in Hyde Park, N.Y. He was elected president of the United States four times starting in 1932. His New Deal programs helped America survive the Great Depression. His legislative achievements included the creation of the National Labor Relations Act, which allows workers to organize unions, bargain collectively, and strike.
• 3 good reasons right-wingers should like unions.
• The red-state strategy to wipe out the middle class.
• Hey Wal-Mart, let's call it what it is: Slavery.
• The largest climate rally in U.S. history - The National Mall, 2/17.
• Cliff notes on Pres. Obama's State of the Union address.
• A fitting tribute to James R. Hoffa on his 100th birthday:
Our next Membership Meeting
will be held Sunday, Feb. 8, 2015
at 10 a.m. at the Union Hall.
Please be present and on time.