June 23,1947: Congress overrides President Harry Truman's veto of the anti-worker Taft-Hartley Act. The law weakened unions and let states exempt themselves from union requirements. Twenty states immediately enacted open shop laws and more followed.
• The Vice Presidential Debate: Some claims didn't match the facts.
• If we can make it here, we should by it here.
• Walmart warehouse workers are walking out.
• Where did all our pensions go?
• Buy union-made Halloween candy.
• Teamster rap: Wake up, America!